Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy 24th Birthday Babe...

Dallas had his birthday yesterday and he turned the big 24. If any of you know Dallas he is one of the hardest people to shop for. He never knows what he wants, so it makes it hard to know what to get him for his presents. Well, one day we were walking out of the mall and we were talking about how his birthday was coming up. He mentioned that all he wanted for his birthday was for "his" room upstairs to be finished. As I got thinking about how to make this happen I came up with a great plan. I called his friend James and arraigned for him to invite Dallas to St. George for the weekend. That way with him out of the house I could decorate the room and not worry about him seeing it. So everything went as planned and he left on Thursday (Jan. 21st). On Friday, after work, I had my dad meet me at my house and we put his desk together. Then on Saturday Debbie came over and we decorated the whole room. After the room was put together Kailee came over and we went to Zurcher's to get party stuff, as I had planned for family and friends to come over for a surprise party. Here's how the final product turned out...

After a very long and sleepless weekend it was finally time for Dallas to come home, and the party to start. Everyone came over early...we hung out and watched the end of the Vikings/Saints game and ate some snacks. He finally came home around 8:40, and everyone was hiding in his room. I met him in the garage, blindfolded him, and helped him up the stairs. When he was in front of the door I took the blindfold off and that's when he got to see his surprise. It was so fun to see how happy he was that everyone was there for him and that his office was all put together. I think he really, truly was surprised. I may have started to give it away because I called probably one too many times, but all in all I think it went really good...and I appreciate everyone coming over and being there for him on his day. Thanks again everyone for coming and making his birthday so much fun!! Here are some pictures from the party...


*Hope you had a wonderful birthday babe...I LOVE YOU very much!!*

1 comment: